In 2017, Franchise Redress conducted a research project into the Harvey Norman (HVN) franchise network and produced a 27 page report.
We are now expanding upon the research project, and publicly calling on anyone who can provide further insights into;
- the Franchise Agreement, and Disclosure Documents
- the adherence to, or the relevance of, the Franchising Code of Conduct
- the rent and leasing arrangements
- the Nominees company that franchisees register before operating their first store (in some cases)
- franchisees being added as directors to P & E, PEM and P & M companies for each of their store’s locations (in some cases)
- a profit-share arrangement with Harvey Norman, as opposed to a franchise fee
- franchisees referring to themselves as proprietors now (in some cases)
- a Harvey Norman subsidiary registering a large number of web domains, such as, HARVEYNORMANWARWICK.COM.AU
- tactical support, franchisee loans, franchisee churn, and any other information that may be relevant
Perhaps you are an ex-franchisee and have information that you would like to share. Any communication and information will be treated confidentially.
You can contact Michael Fraser (0458 369 975) or Maddison Johnstone (0434 003 822) 24/7 by phone. We also use encrypted messaging via Signal, and encrypted email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Franchise Redress recently produced a research report into Retail Food Group’s (RFG) franchise network titled: RFG: The Zombie Brandchise Network. Fairfax Media published a three part exposé into RFG and quoted from the observations section of our report. Read the full article here.
Disclosure: Operation Redress Pty Ltd T/A Franchise Redress produces research reports into the franchising sector and makes them available for purchase to select clients.